Monday, September 29, 2008

Banana Leaf rice at Sri Pandi


I went to this restaurant with my Indian Friends, they said the food is plentiful and very delicious. I found it interesting and yes..definitely plenty for me. The restaurant is located Seksyen 12 at PJ area. Again unless you are a local, you won't know, that within this housing area, there's a Indian Restaurant that sell really great Banana leave Rice. Apart from that there's definitely Briyanni Rice, Tosai, Roti Canai. But my visit here is to try the Banana leave, the minute we got to our seat, The team of waiter carrying their food tray came at once, asking for drink order and if you ask for Banana leaf rice, they would immediately lay the banana leave, rice, condiments and then present you the side dishes. I love Indian spices, sometimes we all have this craving for exotic food. When I look around the restaurant, I noticed that there's multi-racial customers dine here, Chinese, Malays & etc rub shoulder and enjoy their hearty meal here. Food is halal and great, the waiters are very attentive and generous too. I believe Sri Pandi is meant for big eaters, definitely worth to go. The price range around RM8-RM10 for banana leaf rice and all depends on the side dishes you order. If you look for autenticity meal, this is the place for you.

No comments: