Saturday, February 28, 2009

Kuih Tongkol or Bongkol

I hope I spelled that name right, and before I go any further, I want to stress here and again to please don't judge food by its names. I don't understand how people could give such a name for a such a sweet delicacy. I really love this kuih Bongkol, that I took a second helping (shy shy already), but come to think of it, I should take third helping (sigh..what an opportunity loss). It's sweet and soft soaked in coconut syrup (gula nila). I was informed that it's a local cake but not easy to get unless you really look around for it. The local cake main ingredient is rice flour and coconut milk, hence explain the soft texture. They are wrapped in banana leaves that added to its rich flavour. It cost about 60 cent a pieace and definitely worth to try, again I think this is best served during tea break.Add Image

No comments: