Tuesday, October 7, 2008

All time favourite-Nasi Goreng Ikan Masin

There were times after we been bustling all day at work and all you want now is a good hot meal. It's been really hard to get a good parking spot nowadays, you even have to fight your way to an empty seat at everyone's favourite coffeeshop. Finally when you ready to order, your mind just went blank, looking helplessly at the Chinese characters on the board (only word you understand there is "menu") and the not very english auntie cum waitress waiting impatiently for your order, the only dish that can never go wrong is Nasi Goreng Ikan Masin (or Fried rice with salted fish). I love these meal, it's ready to go (if you want to tapau), hot from the wok, appetizing (salted fish?! Oh yeah) and it has all the vitamins too (hmm..) Well I can say it all depends what your cook decided to throw into the fried rice, I went to Man Tai last week and they served fresh seafood, so I got my slices fish, prawns, squid, bit of eggs, chopped veggie and of course sprinkled with salted fish. All for RM5 a plate, they even throw in free soup for you. Most Malaysian eatery from mamak stall to big 5stars resort served Nasi Goreng Ikan Masin and every place has their own unique taste(Chinese, Malay, Indian), that's why I would say these dish will never go out of style. It will always be my personal favourite! By the way you can add egg (sunny side up) on top, taste marvelous if you ask me!

No comments: