Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Rasa Nyonya Restaurant

I don't particularly like this restaurant, not because of the food, but the service is really bad. The waiter can't be bother with our order and keep looking another way, so that they won't be able to see us if we call them. Probably hoping we forget, get tired of waving our hands and walk out from the restaurant. However since my blog is about food maybe I should complaint about the food, did I say complaint? Hmmm, I mean comment on the food. First, There aren't many choices, and when we asked if fried bittergurd means deep fried, the waiter said "yeah", but it came out stir fried, much to my dad disappointment. I also found the fish slice has some kinda smell, too long in the fridge or something. Anyways, the rest of the dishes are okay, not so good but ok. We didn't ask for the signature dish which is Ox-tail soup, which I tasted before and it was superb. We had Fried fish with Thai sauce, sweet & sour fish, fried fillet on tofu, Fried Bittergurd and Stir fried Brijal with salted fish. The bill came out for 9 people is around RM140. Not bad but service could be better. I won't be rushing to this restaurant any time soon.

3 comments:

Ekh said...

Simply delicious... mouth-watering.

Orientalily said...

Oklah..not so delicious.

estella970 said...

I stay so near yet i've been there ONCE in my lifetime only. The place is just "OK"...I'd never known they serve baba nyonya food. I thought all the while this is just a "malay" restaurant.

the food is not so fabulous, and what i can comment is... not so nice... abc? too sweet. no diabetes will get diabetes too!

after so many years... i am not sure if there is any improvement. but i think no....