Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Dessert with name so strange


My sister and I went to this local kedai kopi in Taman Foh Sang in Luyang on Sunday. Dad always like to drop by these joint for light drinks and snacks. There're many type of local chinese cakes, varies from traditional to modern ones. But none that can struck me dumbfounded when I saw the big newspaperclip on the wall, its one of the cakes, it has frothy white cream on top of the golden brown flat base, it looks so interesting. But what struck me is the name, my sister said its called Niu Xi or translate as cow dung, maybe she's wrong but it doesn't look anything like cow dung, I think it looks more like UFO, so I bought 2 pieces. It cost me RM1.20 each, abit pricey. My verdict, well, I don't like the smell (and no, it doesn't smell like cow dung, more like eggs.)The white layer is actually egg white beaten til light, the yellow is the yolk which is bake. I think the taste will be much better if eaten when its freshly bake. I should have come and buy it when it just came out of the oven.

1 comment:

Ekh said...

oyaaa..! just a note, my fiance says it got another name called UFO. no wonder it looks like UFO o kan. haha.