Sunday, October 19, 2008

Meal in Malaysia

Malaysia has varieties of food, but rice is our staple food. Rice is normally served with fish, meat, vegetable etc. Our meal range from simple (like fish,rice with gravy) to more abundance dishes (Bryanni rice,rendang,satay,lontong,lemang). I prefer my fried catfish with some gravy on my rice. Sometimes I have roast pork, veggie and rice, balance meal I guess. Such meals you can get anywhere around Malaysian's restaurant or even small roadside stall. Price would range from RM3-RM8. But no matter how much it is, you get a full meal anywhere you go. You can also have your meal "to-go" or tapau. I think compare to KL or west Malaysia, a decent meal in Kota Kinabalu is more expensive that's RM5 a dish with 2 veggie and 2 pieaces of small chicken. If you choose fish to chicken, then the price will slightly higher. I had a shock of my life when I have lunch downstair at the federal office cafeteria, the cashier charged me RM5 for 2 pieces of small chicken and tauge veggies, I even asked her how she get to that amount. She said 1 piece of chicken is RM1.50 (what the...!!!), I paid the amount because there a long queue behind me but I am satisfied that I make the clerk felt uncomfortable, the next day with same amount of food, she look at me and say, for you special price lah, RM3.50, there you go...hehe.
In west Malaysia, I'll be getting the same dishes for RM3.50 at chinese mix-rice shop in Kajang. Even cheaper if I have my meal near University area, they even throw in free flow of soup and free Liang Cha (cooling tea) for you.

No comments: